Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Virtual Field Trips
GPS and GIS
eField Trip Sources
New Project Posts
RSS and Listservs
21st Century Skills
Books Go Global
Braids Around the Globe
Connected Classroom Ning
Courtyard Field Guide
Flatclassroom Sounding Board
Global Sun Temperature
Life Round Here
Online Literature Circles
Our City Podcast
Read Around the Planet
Room with a View
The Reading Connection
Virtual Earth and Space
Voices of the World
Xtreme Learning Ning
Create your own social network place for your students. Ning will even remove the ads, if you write to them that they are for elementary school students. Great potential to teach our younger students about social networkign in a safe environment.
is a site that provides you with 140 characters to share what you’re doing right now. They key ingredient to making Twitter work for you is finding and creating a network of friends. Their Tweets will keep you going!
Twiddeo is Twitter plus video.
is a new service that works on top of
that lets you twitter with pictures or video and also privately send files to your twitter friends (Don't email files, twit+ them!).
Another blogging engine that is designed to encourage tiny little short blog posts, videos, images, and links. A three word tumblr post is not unusal at all. Also useful to bring in your RSS feeds and use it as a central place to organize all of your Flickr photos, del.icio.us bookmarks, blog posts, tweets from Twitter, videos from YouTube, etc.
Snitter is "Snook's Twitter": an Adobe AIR-powered application for twittering
Twirl - Another application for twittering
Twitterific Yet another application for twittering.
Twitteroo A PC application for twittering.
GroupTweet allows Malcolm and the gang to send messages via Twitter that are instantly pushed out
the team members.
An application that helps you to follow the line of conversation in Twitter.
- a social bookmarking website
Centralizes produced content by allowing a user to add all of their feeds from many of the most popular web 2.0 tools to one page. Then others can subscribe to
a person’s FriendFeed
and receive all their updates: blogs, twitter, youtube, del.icio.us, and more.
- Social Annotation - Highlight text on a web page for students to look at, apply sticky notes to pages and share with students and colleagues
- Interact with pages on the web . Add sticky notes to web pages and then send them to colleagues. You can also post the permalink on your blog. Students can just click on them to see your post-it notes for them.
- a social web browser
- your own personal wayback machine. Furl saves a copy of the webpages you want and you can pull them up from any machine on the Internet
- "TIGed is short for TakingITGlobal for Educators, a program that provides rich, interactive global learning experiences by leveraging the resources of the world's most popular online community for youth who want to make a difference"
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"